Monday, September 5, 2011

Shorts for You!

At All Due Respect, CJ Edwards has one hell of a debut with "The Peeper." Edwards definitely has the patience of a seasoned veteran -- picking really sharp details and taking his time with each scene. The result is a creepy, sad and realistic vision of a killer.

Thomas Pluck emerged on the crime scene several months ago (or at least that was the first time I saw him) and since then he seems to have a blistering story pop up every week. He's at Powder Burn Flash today with the very satisfying "Black-Eyed Susan."

And I'm at Shotgun Honey today with "Skinny Latte." This story actually sprung from this documentary I saw about advertising geared toward women and the absurdly consistent emphasis on being thin. But I didn't want to get too grim or preachy with this one so I went for funny/disturbing. 

6 comments:

  1. Great storis to highlight Chris. So many out there to try to being attention. And yours is a fine piece of work that never felt preachy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. And cudos for the Shotgun Honey story. It rocks. The Peeper burns the house down CJ is a mojor talent waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, thanks for the compliments. Yes, my first story was in Shotgun Honey a few months ago. I loved your story there, you really stuck the knife in with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something's up with the log in for me over at Shotgun Honey. So I'll just make my comment here that I really enjoyed Skinny Latte and that the punchline really sealed the deal for me. Great stuff, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words Chris!

    ReplyDelete