1) “Riding the Union Pacific” by Kip Hanson, published May 22, 2012, in A Twist of Noir: <http://a-twist-of-noir.blogspot.com/search/label/Kip%20Hanson>
I’m a sucker for “train” stories, and this is the most unusual one you’ll ever read, especially in a noir zine.
2) “Black Velvet” by Jim Wilsky, published Aug. 15, 2012, in Yellow Mama: http://blackpetalsks.tripod.com/yellowmamaarchives/id314.html
I’m also a sucker for stories about Elvis lookalikes, especially when this one’s a sadistic killer.
3) “The Man in the T-Shirt” by Richard Godwin, published Aug. 15, 2012, in Yellow Mama: <http://blackpetalsks.tripod.com/yellowmamaarchives/id295.html>
Godwin’s “don’t miss” story of a voyeur who witnesses a double murder originally appeared in Pulp Metal back in 2011, but I loved it enough to reprint it in my own ‘zine.
4) “The Night Mandy’s Car Broke Down on 539” by Jen Conley, published Aug. 6, 2012 in Shotgun Honey: http://www.shotgunhoney.net/2012/08/the-night-mandys-car-broke-down-on-539-by-jen-conley.html
I love Jen Conley ‘cos she writes like a man. This unsentimental story is a whole new take on the “damsel-in-distress” theme.
5) “New Jersey-Revisited” by Kenneth James Crist, published June 15, 2012, in Yellow Mama: http://blackpetalsks.tripod.com/yellowmamaarchives/id10.html
Barry Wilder’s “paranormal” adventure is a tribute to a local
hero, who died in March of 2012. Rest
in peace, Jack! Bayonne, NJ
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Cindy thank you for nominating The Man In The T Shirt. He's still looking for him.ReplyDelete
off i goReplyDelete
As always, impeccable taste, Pal. Great list.ReplyDelete
Like the Mastercard commercial. Making a stories to read list compiled by Cindy Rosmus? Priceless.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much Cindy.
Thank you Cindy!ReplyDelete