Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Story of the Week: Mapping the Territory by Jane Hammons

If you're not hip to the talents of Jane Hammons, you can rectify that by checking out Mapping the Territory at Shotgun Honey. This gem includes all of her trademarks -- a character trapped in a terrifying reality, stunning prose, and an angular, yet fitting, storyline.

The story originated from Patti Abbott's flash challenge, which used the prompt "I don't mind the scars." Hammons took this line and crafted one of the most creative and different pieces I've seen in a while.

3 comments:

  1. Like I said in my comments the story is Perfect Desolation. A crystalline purity of despair that will horrify you as it breaks your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I just saw this--a much belated thanks!!

    ReplyDelete